We understand it can all be a little overwhelming at first, but if you’re not sure where to begin, here are some frequently asked questions to help you get started. No matter what your reason for registering with us; whether you’re looking to transfer euros to sterling or need help sending money to China, our co-operative team of foreign exchange specialists are here to lend their expertise.
What information do I need to transfer money?
- The account holder’s full name and the address of the their bank
- The bank account number or IBAN (International Bank Account Number)
- The SWIFT Bank Identifier Code (SWIFTBIC) – this helps us to identify which bank to send the payment to.
How long does it take to transfer my money?
All transfers are made via the swift payment network and we aim to send all funds within 30 minutes of receipt.If we receive your funds before cut off (usually 2.30pm GMT), they will be sent that working day. Please note this can vary with exotic currencies such as MAD, INR, CNH etc, which usually need 1-3 days for delivery).
Are there any hidden transfer fees?
We operate on a zero fee basis, so regardless of where the funds are being sent there are no hidden charges.
If your transfer is less than £1,000 however, then a £5 charge may apply for same day transfer
What currencies do we deal with?
- 40 + Currencies
- 50 + Countries
- 1000’s of destinations globally
- To view a full list click here
How do I know my money is secure?
- FCA Regulated - Universal Partners FX is a trading name of The Currency Cloud Ltd. The Currency Cloud are Regulated by the FCA (No 900199) and authorised as an AEMI (Authorised Electronic Money Institution).
- Segregated Accounts – When you transact with us your funds are always held in a segregated client bank account.
- Data Protection Act – Registered with the UK Data Protection Act Registration Number Z1550331.
How does the process work?
- Open an account with us. You can do this via one of the links above.
- Once your account has been authorised and you are ready to trade, simply call your personal account executive on their direct line and they will quote you our best international money exchange rates from our dealing floor.
- Send your money and provide beneficiary details. As soon as you have agreed an exchange rate you will receive an automated trade confirmation informing you of the exact amount and where to send it. All you need to do is send your funds to us and provide beneficiary details.
- We take care of the rest and ensure your funds are sent via swift faster payment on the same working day.
- As part of our commitment to keep you updated at every stage of the process, we will send you a receipt as soon as your funds have been sent
How do I open an account?
Our objective is to save you time as well as money, which is why opening an account couldn’t be easier.
Select the appropriate registration option, follow the instructions on the form and submit your details to us.
We will take care of the rest and confirm when your account is open. There are no costs associated with opening an account and there is no obligation to trade.
Why should I use Universal Partners FX instead of a bank?
- Bank Beating Exchange Rates – whether it’s a one-time personal transfer or you’re a Ltd company paying suppliers monthly, you could save anything from 1-4% on your transfers.
- FCA Regulated – segregated client bank accounts to ensure your money is safe every step of the way.
- Dedicated Foreign Exchange Expert – every client will be allocated their own personal foreign exchange expert. Your foreign exchange expert will help you:
- Understand exchange how the process works from start to finish
- Monitor the markets so you can achieve the best international money transfer rate.
- Explain what varies risk management strategies are available so whether you are sending money to China to pay a supplier or simply moving some Euro’s to Sterling we can help.